International Bedaux Institute
63 Eperweg, NL-8072 DA Nunspeet - The Netherlands
Telephone: + 31 341 25 35 89
Where we started: Bedaux companies in 1929
When we met with Mr. George Ungar, 1998 in Toronto (George is the Canadian movie director who produced “The Champagne Safari”), he presented us with copies of a lot of interesting material he came across during his 16 years of research for the movie project.
One particular interesting item was a publication titled “International Bedaux Company, Incorporated”, undated, bust me be approx. 1929. This publication gives addresses and short stories about all Bedaux companies in existence at that time.
- International Bedaux Company Incorporated, 17 Battery Place, New York
- Production Control Machines Corporation, Chrysler Building, New York City
- The Chas. E. Bedaux Company of New York, Inc., 271 Madison Avenue, New York
- The Chas. E. Bedaux Co. of Pacific States, Inc., Pacific Building, Portland, Oregon
- Società Italiana Bedaux, Via Vivaio 24, Milano
- Société Française Bedaux, 49 Avenue Hoche, Paris VIII
- Australian Bedaux Company, Limited, 117 Pitt Street, Sydney
- Chas. E. Bedaux, Limited, Bush House, London
- Deutsche Bedaux Gesellschaft m.b.H, Bahnhoffstrasse 9, Hannover
We are eagerly interested to obtain information about what happened to these companies, since 1929!
If you have any information, we would appreciate if you let us know.
Also if you have information about other Bedaux companies that have existed (e.g. Africa, Spain, Turkey, Greece, and - yes, even The Netherlands) please!
No doubt, there will be interesting stories to tell, which we will do with your help on this site.